Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No Assholes Rule - BROKEN

Today at the dog park there was this guy. I knew right away, but I prayed I was wrong. Haughty. Less than mediocre looking. Cussing up a storm. Had an arrogant air about him. Throwing around his medical advice about a possibly anemic dog. Then he dropped the bomb.

Him: Well, I'm a 4th year MEDICAL STUDENT.

Me: Oh, really? How cool. You must be really smart. What are you going into?

Him: Well, I'm hoping to match here in radiology.

Me: I LOVE radiology! They get to study all those cool pictures, right? So you're at (named the local med schools)?

Him: No, I went to med school in Florida. Just moved here last week.

Me: But you don't know if you'll be here? Isn't that Match thingy in March?

Him: Well, I know EVERYBODY at (named ALL the local residency programs). I'm VERY sure I'll match here. In fact, my fiance just moved here and we bought a house, a car, and a dog (pointing to what I'm sure was a pure-bred puffy something of a dog).

Me: (Silent): Holy shit you are one egotistical maniac (Out Loud): Well GOOD for you! So you must know all the guys in Dept. X.

Him: Oh, yeah. I know them (pronouncing BOTH of their names incorrectly)

Me: (Out Loud) Good luck to you! Bye! (Silent) Arrogant prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment