Friday, January 22, 2010

Not Heartless

If you think I'm heartless for not writing about Haiti, I'm not. It's just that I despise American sensatio-journalism...and I refuse to contribute to the nonsense. Frankly, I don't have anything legit to write about, as I am not there. So I won't. Unlike most journalists, who are willing to drag some poor Haitian guy off the street on the promise of sending word to his family in Miami that he is ok, and then tricking him into discussing things on camera which they promised they wouldn't ask him. I've been through a natural disaster, and I can safely say you should never, ever believe the media. Their truth to false ratio is about 1:1000.

That being said, I think about Haitians every moment... and wish I had a real way to help. In a few years I will. Until then, I will wait. Bless Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment