Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Manners??

Here's a list of things that many people in our class seemed to have missed in manners school.

1. Putting your feet on the seats. Actually, I'm pretty ok with this... usually. But if I'm sitting in front of you and you prop your feet up next to me... they better be CUTE and NOT SMELLY. Girls, you're the worst offenders. No funk, gangreen, nasty 3 month old polish, toe jam, hairy toes, etc. Put those back in your shoes. On the floor. Luckily, the girl that normally sits behind me has lovely feet. It's when I get stuck sitting elsewhere that I get into trouble.

2. So our school costs some $51,000 odd dollars just for tuition (which in my case was a little more than I had laying around in a mayo jar in the backyard). Hence, I am really interested in hearing the lecture. REALLY. I'm not hanging out in class because of the cute med student who sits by me... or because I'm waiting for Handsome Willy's happy hour to start. So please, to those of you who TALK FOR THE ENTIRE LECTURE... it really makes things difficult on everyone else. Yes we CAN hear you. Every word. You haven't figured out the difference between whispering and talking. Does everybody talk occasionally in class? Yes, of course. But I'm talking out the endless chatter that goes on between the same people every class. And at the risk of sounding like your mama, it's seriously rude. The speaker is flustered. The course director is embarrassed. And your classmates are really irritated. At you. You there. You know who you are.

3. To the girls who knit in class, you aren't really supposed to be in this category. I think you rock. I wish I would have thought of learning to knit... long before my creative energy was sucked away by Netter. I am so envious... and always peeking over to see what new cool things you're doing.

4. Packing up on the last slide before the professor finishes. They're always practically screaming to be heard over the iphones, the zippers, the papers, rustling, etc. I mean, really.. it's like 45 seconds. Is everyone in class always 45 seconds late for something? If the speaker didn't think the last slide was important, he would have ended on the previous one. Right? Just hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment