Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh My, Oh My

It was so much better than I expected. In fact, incredible would be an understatement. In a mere 5 hours I saw the following...

1. A multiple GSW victim (1 in the clavicle, 1 in the LRQ)
2. A stroke patient (activated @ hour 2.5)
3. 16 yo Peds epileptic seizure
4. Pulmonary Embolism
5. Sickle Cell
6. 2 belligerent drunks
7. 1 missing person from the other side of the USA found unconscious with a suicide note pinned to their shirt
8. Chest pain
9. Dehydrated
10. Gastric pain

It was awesome. And I loved every minute of it. We rounded lightning quick (no time to be bored), saw 30+ patients, 5 hours FLEW by in NO TIME FLAT, and all the residents and staff were super duper awesome cool. I'm so in love with EM it is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment