Thursday, August 19, 2010

Red House, Blue Door

Get this. The other day I'm with Lolo and her friend Kate... eating lunch. It was the first time I'd really met Kate, and I eventually ended up telling her about my house that I was previously building and my ex Mr. Psychiatrist. Though I just used his first name. For the purposes of this conversation I'll call him Eli. Here's the conversation:

Kate: Wait, your house is on Street X, and your ex boyfriend's name is Eli?

Me: Yeah, why?

Kate: Omigod. Is he a psychiatrist?

Me: Um, yes....

Kate: Omigod.

Me: Uh, what?

Kate: He dated my best friend. And he was awful to her. And he had a girlfriend the whole time that he lived with, and she didn't know.

Me: Um. Ok. When was this?

Kate: 2008

Me: (having heart failure) We were together in 2008. And 2007 and 2009.

Kate: (looking like she was going to pass out)... you have a red house with a blue door, right?

Me: No. No? No I don't! Yellow house. (At this point tears of relief start flowing... panic subsides)

I immediately knew who she was talking about. In my freak out I forgot that there is a neighbor two doors down with a red house and a blue door, owned by another psychiatrist named Eli.

Whoa. Close one.

No comments:

Post a Comment