Friday, July 10, 2009

A good thought

So today was my last official day as an epidemiologist. Truthfully, yesterday was my last day since today I decided to use my sick time ;) But that's not the reason I'm posting today. I'm posting because the most amazing thing occurred to me today. That is that there is a very good chance that I will never have to have a bullshit job ever again! In fact, my next job very well might be as a physician. As I look back at the crappy jobs I've had over the years... I seriously cannot believe it! Oh, god... so many of these were awful and oh-so-boring!!! Here's a quick list.

1. Counter/server @ a pizza place (age 14)
2. French Bakery (age 15)
3. Women's consignment shop (age 16)
4. Life guard (age 15-17)
5. Coffee shop inside a Lowes -type building supply (age 17)
6. Secretary at lumber supply (age 18)
7. Mervyns (age 18)
8. Orthopedic medical records (age 18)
9 Railroad secretary (age 19)
10. Lifeguard manager and swim teacher (age 19)
11. Camping store sales (age 20)
12. Personal assistant (age 20)
13. Resident assistant (age 21-23)
14. Abercrombie and Fitch (age 22)
15. Vice president of associated students (age 23)
16. Server (age 23)
17. Adult/child swim teacher (age 24)
18. Ecology research assistant (age 24)
19. HIV/Std educator
20. High School Chemistry teacher (age 25-26)
21. University Chemistry Teaching Asst. (age 27)
22. Fine dining hostess (age 27)
23. Clinical Research Coordinator (age 28-29)
24. Public Health Epidemiologist (age 30)

And even though I've jumped from job to job... I've never been fired or disciplined. And I've quit nearly every job out of sheer boredom! And possibly, just maybe... I'll never have to feel that way about a job ever again. Lets hope that's the case, and not that I'll be laughing my ass off in five years thinking how naive I was for writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment