Sunday, July 26, 2009

White Coat Ceremony

I've waited for this for so long! Years ago, I lived across the street from the Boston University Medical School, and I could see their White Coat ceremony from my window. For those unfamiliar, the White Coat ceremony is a formal ceremony where each incoming medical student is presented with his or her first white physician's coat. It's the short waist-length coat to designate that the person is a student. You can wear the hip-length coat after you graduate from medical school. I have dreamed of my own ceremony for so long. And it's almost here!

Of course my parents are coming... but my boyfriend has to work. Damn residency. Hopefully he can talk his way into being able to come. And we're going out for lunch after the ceremony to the most fabulous restaurant in the city. You know how some high-profile restaurants are simply incredibly expensive but a big let-down once you get there? Well, this one is incredibly expensive, but totally worth it. The food is basically sex on a plate. I can't wait.

So my current dilemma (albeit so important) is finding something to wear to my White Coat ceremony. I swear it is apparently the style now to wear only miniskirts... as that is basically all there is in the stores. And since I'm really tall, I can't even "sorta" get away with it. I am on a mission to find a dress in five days.... and I've been to every store in the city. Might have to move on to another city. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment