Thursday, July 23, 2009

Non-traditional Snapshot

I just wanted to say how great it is to have a group of non-traditional pre-med friends who've been with me this whole time. And I can safely say, we have ALL made it to med school. Here's a semi-anon list of the best support group ever! Thanks, you know who you are!

"E" - age 29, female, we got our masters degrees together, and she's one year ahead of me at the same school, stats unknown but she's damn smart

"T" - age 34, male, previous career in the military for years, a lot less than stellar undergrad gpa but made a comeback as a post-bac, got his masters with me, rocked the MCAT with a 36, had to apply twice, is now kicking ass as a 2nd year in Texas.

"J" - age 35, male, married with 1 kiddo, took the scenic route to college graduation, got to experience a few pre-med requirement several times, said he did horrible on the MCAT, but is now in his first year in the Caribbean and loving life and med school. He'll be a great doc one day!

"G" - age 30-ish, applied at least twice, just graduated from dental school in California. Yay!

"K" - 31 year old female, old friend who was a very smart girl but was a marginal undergrad student, got her Masters degree, got published, got a 24 MCAT without studying, and is a second year DO student.

"P" - basically all around a smarty, 32 year old male, previously at Annapolis, a couple Master's degrees, rocked the MCAT and got into a Colorado school.

"S" - we did post-bacc pre-med together at Harvard. I'm not sure how old he is but I'm guessing late 40's maybe older. He had a previous career as an engineer, decided to switch careers after his kids were grown. Got accepted at YALE, but he chose a cheaper school.

Ok, I love you all and none of you can be angry that I put your stats up. I'm HELPING other pre-meds. XO

Moral of the story? You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment