Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An Embarrassing Tale

This is another story about Dr. S from our foundations course. Every few weeks we have to to a group based learning session, where we sit in tables and discuss scenarios as a small group, then we use microphones placed at each table to discuss the same material as a larger group.

In this particular story, we were supposed to be silently taking a quiz, but some table left their microphone on and the rustling of papers and breathing was annoying the whole class while we were trying to concentrate. I am one of those people who gets highly distracted by background noise, so I semi-stood up and asked everybody to please check to make sure their microphones were off. The noise still continued, and after a few seconds I figured out what happened.

Everyone watched me as I jumped up from my seat and ran towards the bathroom as fast as I could, but I didn't make it in time. By the time I got to the back of the auditorium, the whole class heard the WHOOOSH of the toilet and was laughing uncontrollably. Oh, god!! I ran as fast as I could before it got worse... and I made it to the bathroom door just in time to whisper "Dr. S!!! You're microphone is on!!"

Good thing she's not easily embarrassed and has a great sense of humor!! Moral of the story? Turn off your mic before going potty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment