Saturday, September 26, 2009

That's What I Get for saying H1N1 Schmen-1

For the past 7 days or so, I've been feeling kinda crappy. A revolving stomach flu that rears it's ugly head at unexpected and rather inconvenient times, and general nausea, headache, shortness of breath, and a smattering of occasional chills, sweating, or overall body ache. Also lots of fatigue. I walked up a couple flights of stairs yesterday and I thought I was going to DIE (not normal for me).

Since I certainly don't feel bad enough to stay home all the time, and hell no I don't want to stay in bed... I've just been going about my daily routine, going to school, lab, etc. Truthfully, I didn't think I could have H1N1 since my symptoms are so mild and I could never register a fever on a thermometer. I really couldn't justify staying home because I felt like "crap".

I had my seasonal flu shot weeks ago, so of course I've been worried about this being H1N1 in the back of my mind. Not because I feel THAT bad... because I really don't... but because there was a confirmed case in my class. Although I don't know the guy well, he is in my lab, AND I had my first brief conversation with him right before he was out sick.

But my boyfriend also is sick now (same set of symptoms)... and I'm starting to wonder?

Finally, I called the school health center... and they said "rapid onset" with cough. Which I didn't have. Great. Went back to school.

This morning I woke up with mild coughing with chest pain. Maybe I'm creating all this in my mind?

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment