Friday, September 25, 2009

My Current Heartthrobs

My love affairs:
Emergency Medicine - we've have a long-term, ongoing, passion-filled affair for years. Still makes my pulse race like the first time we met. Every encounter is new and exciting, I'm never bored, and you don't expect much commitment.


On the Rocks:
Cardiology - we could have a good thing going, as I do think your anatomy is pretty hot... but you're just so inconsiderate with my time. I mean, I can't have a relationship where you expect me to just jump everytime you snap your fingers.

OB-GYN - we need to work on a few issues before we commit to each other. Namely, I'm not sure how I feel about vaginas being the last body part I'll ever see. I mean, how do you look at the vagina and say, "ok you're the one. I'm happy knowing that I'll never have to learn the intimate anatomy of another region of the human body". I'm just not ready to be tied down.

Anesthesia - I'm willing to go to couples therapy. Let's just take a break, give ourselves some space, and if it's meant to be it will happen.

Family Medicine - we are indeed oh-so compatible, yet I'm still waiting for the spark. We seem good from far, but far from good. We should work... but we don't.

Break-ups:
Urology - sorry sweetheart, you lost me at kidney stones and foley catheters.

Geriatrics - my dear you never had a chance. I need a relationship that grows and improves over time.

Ophthalmology - It's me, not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment