Sunday, August 1, 2010

Apparently

I am not an alcoholic. Nor a boozer. Nor can I really even drink much more than 2 glasses of wine. Well, not anymore anyway. My college days were a different story.

Point is.... Last night I went to the welcome party for the incoming class (go 2014!!)... and where else would it be except the FQ? After squeezing through approximately 300 people in 400 square feet, and standing in line for my 2 for 1 "drink special"... (oh yay)... I emerged with 2 beers. I don' t normally drink beer... but it was cheap and I detest spending money on crappy alcohol in crappy places that don't even have a drink list. So I went with beer. 2 for 1, like I said. I spent most of the night nursing those two beers.... then I decided to go home. But when I went to close my tab the bartender wouldn't let me pay on my card without a $10 minimum. So I thought I would order something yummy. Baileys and cream... but she had no cream (awesome, high class bar I tell you)... so I settled for Baileys and water. Which WAS yummy by the way.

Then I started chit-chatting with my ex lab partner, Rew. Who nicely offered me another Baileys and water. It was yummy... so I said ok. That was when everything went to hell. A gal in my class handed me a kamikaze, what could I do... it was a gift? Then our class prez handed me a mystery shot... which I made it through about 1/4 of it before I chucked it in the trash and decided it was time to head home.

Lets just say it wasn't a pleasant night after that. Water. Excedrin. Shower. Shower. Shower. Sleeping in the shower. Ugh. Yuck, you can imagine the rest.

I figure I have to get that drunk about every 5 years or so to remind myself why I don't drink more than two drinks. My last REALLY drunk experience was in 2005 and ended with me, my brother, and his friend getting jumped in a parking lot and subsequently kicking the shit out of 8 drunk guys in suits from a T-mobile convention at 4 am in Norfolk. I was actually too drunk to see but somehow managed to kick some ass. Ah, a story best saved for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment