Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Are you asking me if I like to water ski?

Yesterday was our sexual history taking session at the standardized patient clinic. While reviewing the prep handouts, I notice a section broken into categories "safe" sexual behaviors, "risky" and "dangerous". Most of the things seem like run of the mill stuff. Oral sex, unprotected sex, masturbation, blah blah.

And then, I shit you not, it says "water sports" and in parentheses (activities with urine). Then, to further gross you out, it has subcategories of "internal" and "external" water sports. Um, ewe?

So of course, we get put in groups of 4 and assigned our questions to ask the SP. First guy gets the introduction and HPI, second guy gets to ask about recreational drug use, third guy gets to do "education"... and me? I get assigned the sexual activity questions. Typical. Who, what, where, which direction, how many times, yada yada. Good thing I'm not easily embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment