Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On Sh&*^ING Where You Eat

Personally, I've always been against it. You know, dating someone I work with or go to school with, etc. Maybe, possibly, (ok likely) I'd make an exception for Clive Owen if we worked together (or maybe one med student... not naming names), but my general policy is to avoid it at all costs. But, like many things in life, you cannot plan everything.

When I met Eli (Mr. Psychiatrist) he was working at a different school, and I was not yet a medical student. So dating him didn't seem to fall into the above category. Little did I know that just three years later he and I would both be studying to become physicians at the same school. Little did I know that we would break up. Little did I know that he would eventually start dating another physician at our school that I would get to walk out of a lecture and run smack into (practically). Luckily I doubt she knows who I am and I only recognized her bc of the name on her coat.

If that doesn't build the case for expanding your dating pool, I don't know what does. Like I said, I'm now into astronauts. Or maybe firefighters. I mean, seriously, have you EVER seen a firefighter that wasn't hot? In the US firefighters seem to be the equivalent of the Italian Carabineiri Police force. Being hot is like a pre-req. Now, to find one that has more of a personality than a hairbrush and an IQ over 70. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment