Thursday, April 1, 2010

This Better Not Affect My Grade

Of the thousands of people on this earth that I know, I would probably say that I only really dislike maybe 5 people. Of these, I can only remember who two of them are right now... and I seriously doubt any of them are acutely aware that I dislike them.

Yet on the first day of class, I arrive, and one of them (of all the people in the whole DAMN UNIVERSE) is sitting in the front row. A professor. In my class. Holy shit. And upon introduction to the class I learn that this person also holds a rather important title at my school. Now mind you, my experience with this person has been rather minimal, but REALLY BAD. I'll throw it out there that MAYBE, POSSIBLY, but seriously not likely, I have misjudged this person. Maybe they are really swell and I just can't see it. You decide.

I was first introduced to this person at a very lovely formal annual medicine party at a beautiful hotel. I was chit-chatting with my friend Analise and a small group of people and this person. Gauging from the sheer volume of this person's voice I assumed they were drunk... but I was introduced nicely, yada yada. So the group is talking about cooking some-thing or other, and the words "I just use a mixer to..." came out of my mouth. Said drunk person decides to be funny (I guess) and screams "YOU USE YOUR FINGERS FOR WHAT???" Mind you, loud, in front of my future colleagues, rudely, disgustingly, and embarrassingly. Now, because I am a pretty graceful person in these type of situations I managed to pull myself out of it... all the while making this person look like a drunk ass. Which I'm sure they noticed. Especially since I have since heard that this person has been given crap about this exchange in subsequent meetings etc. But that doesn't mean that I wasn't upset, humiliated, and all around mortified and pissed off at the time.

The second time I met this person I did not realize that they were indeed the same person from the above event until much later... after someone told me (mental block). I was actually at a superbowl party with about 20 residents, staff, fellows, etc. Everybody is pretty chill, having drinks and snacks, occasionally cheering, and having a really nice time. This person is sitting behind me (with their spouse... who incidentally is more obnoxious than this person) and is screaming (at the absolute top of their lungs, full capacity in a small apartment, drunk yet again) something along these lines.

"You mother fu$#er! You play football like the biggest pussy I've ever seen. You're a fuc^@ng piece of shit! Who the F%&* taught you to play? You think you're tough? PASS the ball! PASS THE FUC*&NG BALL, ASS*&%$!!! Suck this you piece of shit. You're a PUSSY! A PUSSY! You wanna get licked? You're a PUSSY!"
Note: this may indeed actually be a toned down version of what was said... as I mentally blocked out most of it.

So I moved to the other side of the room just to muffle the screaming in my ear... but frankly it didn't help. Other people at the party were just shaking their head, and muttering something to effect of... "Yep, that's just how so-n-so is. No filter. No manners" My question is, who the hell invited this person? Can you imagine if said person and spouse procreate? Holy god.

Anyway, as I was sitting in neuro, I again did not recognize this person immediately. But I was sitting in the front, and after they were introduced this person escaped the auditorium. On their way out, they made eye contact with me, smiled, and left. That's when I figured it out and threw up my lunch in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment