Monday, August 10, 2009

Age of Tankmates 21, 21, 22, 23, 23, and me

My lab group works well together and everyone seems competent, prepared and pretty cool overall... so needless to say I'm MUCH happier today with Anatomy lab #2, knowing that I have a strong group. Not to mention, everybody seems surprisingly tolerant of the fact that I am really not particularly stoked about sawing up human bodies. Additionally, the body dried out a little bit so it was a bit less juicy... and "flinging" was kept to a minimum. Perhaps these don't seem like very significant events, but my lab experience was immeasurably better this go around. Minus the smell of dead rotten cadaver, of course.

I wish I could say the same for the rest. I met with E last night and she helped me out with a few tips. Up until now I'd been listening to my nuts Colombian physician boyfriend who had to take anatomy for two years and was required to know every placement of every amino acid in the human body. Needless to say, he stressed me out little bit unnecessarily (I still love you baby, and thanks for all your help).... E got me on the right page... and essentially said we were just responsible for knowing what we'd been over in class. It's still a lot, folks, so that's not much of a reconciliation... But at least I haven't considered dropping out of med school... today anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment