Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anatomy. They don't call it gross for nothin'

I knew it was going to be bad. But I'd been trying to Buddha Zen Meditate Woosah myself into believing it wouldn't be so bad for weeks. I expected to feel kinda grossed out... but assumed I'd get over it quickly.

So we get the tank and everybody places bets on whether we have a male or female. Losers buy the winners drinks. I call female and we win. Yay! Best part of the experience is over.

So we have an old lady. Nice little old lady I'm sure. But upon the first few cuts we realize she has a lot of fat. Everywhere. She doesn't seem too fat, but there is fat piling up everywhere. We're starting with the back muscles, and one girl is dissecting the left side. And folks, she is REALLY into this. She is literally flinging cadaver slop everywhere... and I have to ask her several times not to fling on me. She actually has a piece on her face!!! And its all over her scrubs, and she is pushing her hair out of her face with her gloves. I was traumatized.

And did I mention the smell? I guess I don't have to. I'm sure you can imagine. Well, to say the least I didn't cut very much... I tried to... but I think it's going to take me a little while to get used to all of this. At one point I must have looked like I was going to pass out, because everybody looked really nervous and kept asking me if I wanted to sit down. I must have been green because I wasn't actually saying anything.

Well, I guess I'll have 3 labs per week until Thanksgiving to get over it. One down, like 65 to go. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment