Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Big Decision

So I haven't mentioned this before because I don't want to be a drama junkie... but it's finally come to the point where I can't keep it a secret anymore. I might have to involve the school... I'm not sure.

I had a little "situation" in my life about a year ago. Essentially (without giving away all the details), a contractor that I hired to work on my home went nuts and murdered another man that was working on my home (not AT my home, thankfully). Depending on the circumstances, this might not be a big deal... but it is in this situation for three reasons.

1. My house was demolished, and the person who was supposed to rebuild it was put into jail. Hence why I am now rebuilding my house with my boyfriend.

2. The nut job contractor actually used ME (and boyfriend) as an alibi for his "self defense" defense

3. I am now being asked to testify in the murder trial because clearly I have an important piece of information that disproves the defense.

So the big problem is that this trial is coming up SOON.. and I just started med school, dammit. This guy has already messed up SO much of my life that I don't want to get behind because of his stupid trial. At the same time, I feel socially responsible for testifying to keep this maniac in prison.... I'm really at a loss. This really affected my life for a long time, and I feel like I'm just now starting to put things back in order... and here comes the DA, now calling me every night. What to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment