Friday, August 14, 2009

Things that happened this week

1. I joined the Emergency Medicine student group. And can I just say I WANT TO DO EM SOOOOOO BAD! It does seem great for all the reasons I originally thought (see way below). They are having an intubation clinic session... but too many people wanted to sign up so they had to do a lottery... and I wasn't chosen. Boo :( Its ok, things happen for a reason... maybe I am supposed to be focusing just on studying right now... which I have been. And folks, let me just tell you...

2. Studying it has been! I feel ok, actually... I'm not really freaking out because I've been studying most every night. Except one night I got sick, and last night I met with the DA to go over my testimony. Yeah, I decided to testify. I guess. I kinda got guilted I guess. Anyway, back to studying. So the trick is to pre-read each lecture, then study each classes material when you get home. I have also been drawing millions of drawings for anatomy... that is fun and really helps me learn. I guess everyone will have to figure out their own learning style... bc the first week I was trying to memorize anatomy by jut reading and it WAS NOT working.

3. I'm taking my hound dog to a "pet therapy" service learning project. Basically we bring our pets to residential nursing homes and hospice, etc. and they visit the patients. Ok, whatever. Might be cool. I just figure its a good way to get my service hours and spend time with my dog at one whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment