Monday, August 17, 2009

How Many Unbelievable Things Can You See During 1 Practice Exam?

Today was our first mid-block exam (each semester in med school is divided into "blocks"... for my school three per semester)... but it was just for practice to see how we're doing. Thankfully (if you don't count the structures I haven't studied yet) I did pretty ok. Like 75-85% right... and that's just under normal study habits... ie. without studying like a maniac before a test.

BUT. The point of this posting is to tell you that I CAN NOT believe the nasty things I saw my classmates doing during the exam (this is a practical mind you... looking at cadavers)

1. One girl dragged her hair across an arm full of yellow goopy fat. Yuck... but at least it was unintentional

2. A guy actually leaned his FACE on the prop... which you use to prop up the body... while he was looking closer at a structure.

3. A second girl leaned her lovely eyelet lace shirt TOTALLY against a body.

These are just a few examples. I can not believe how unaware everyone acts... as if there is not a rotting, stinking, chopped up cadaver leaking nasty fluids and covered in piles of yellow fat. They just casually lean over as if leaning over the sofa to get the remote. Now, not to say I haven't gotten a flick or two of cadaver juice on me since I've started this process... but almost every time it's been because someone flicked me... and I have a mental inventory of every part of my body, my hair, my clothes, my pen, and my book the ENTIRE time I'm in there. I'm sure as hell not going to LEAN against something simply because I forgot there was a pile of cadaver nastiness there. GROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment