Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another Safe Staffing Video

I wish I would have posted this below with the other testimony videos.

The man in this video has been a bedside nurse for 6 months. Now he is getting the hell out. Listen to him speak about what happens when you have 6 patients and one goes bad. Now remember that we have 10-15 patients per registered nurse in the UK and rarely a floating a charge nurse. On my ward we never have a floating charge nurse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpJ-icOk1I&feature=related

Take in what these people of saying and spread the word. I am so sick and tired of assholes who think nurses are leaving the bedside because they think they are "above" shit and piss. Shit and piss are probably the best and easiest part of the job when you are a hospital nurse. Those are not the reasons we leave.

BY THE WAY: If any of my dear readers are retired from the bedside nurses who cannot seem to get why today's nurses are freaking out over taking more than 6 patients please look at the testimony in my post below from nurses who trained when you did and are still at the bedside. If you are one of these people who think that the crux of the problem is that today's nurse training is "crap" you especially need to click on this link and get yourself an education.

I'll show you where the caring is when I pull my shoe out of your backside.

Have a great day ya all.

No comments:

Post a Comment