Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ok Let's talk about HER

Her. The one I mentioned before. I'm sure everyone else is just as obsessed as I am. Dr. Kenton-Hadley. I only just met her recently, but I'd heard about her for years. My friend T who's now in med school in Texas used to work with her and he would always gush about her. She's SOOOO amazing. Beautiful. Smart. Accomplished. He'd come back from his project and say crap like "Maybe someday you'll be like her.... if you're lucky... and if you miraculously get beautiful and smart" And I'd think "Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Jerk."

Because truthfully, while I find some qualities I like in nearly every woman, it's a rare thing to find someone I truly look up to. A women who you say "Damn, I'd give a kidney to be like her". It just doesn't happen. At least to me.

Then I met her. And she is. Beautiful. Smart (and kind of a smart-ass). Accomplished. Philanthropic. She went to Harvard. She's been in People magazine. She saved our city after a Hurricane (only a slight exaggeration). And she has fabulous shoes. Lovely all around. And she makes me stupidly nervous like I'm talking to some guy I have a crush on. She's like a goddess around here.... Everyone (students, professors, and staff alike) talks about her like she just invented sliced bread. Knowing her, she probably did.

And as for the kidney thing... I would seriously consider it... even for the shoes alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment