Friday, October 16, 2009

Ortho is Officially Off the List

Spend the better part of the morning watching a hip replacement... and can I just say YUCK! Not the field for me, that's for sure....

Here's a sampling of the things I heard this morning from ortho docs...

"So we're just going to take this thing here that looks like a cheese grater... and sort of shave off some of the acetabulum."

"Us ortho guys like to say 'When all else fails, examine the patient' "

"You might wonder if he needs all this bone marrow" (posed by the surgeon as he spills all the patients femur marrow onto the operating table..) "and the answer is Nah, he doesn't need it"

"This guy's bones are really strong, so I'm actually breaking a sweat" As he rams the rasp into the center of the femur.

Good thing I didn't pass out in front of the whole class. It was touch and go for a minute there.

No comments:

Post a Comment