Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dr. Kovec + Ella = BFF

I have a bad habit of asking millions of questions. Always. And because I feel that either 1) I'm asking a question when my classmates are dying to leave, or 2) I've interrupted something important to ask a rather stupid question... I often preface my question with an "I'm sorry, I have one more question" Today I had a case review with my group and Dr. Kovec. I was getting ready to leave when he addressed my by name.

"Ella, stay a moment please."

Oh shit. I knew I shouldn't have asked that dumb question earlier about listening for an abdominal aortic dissection. I'm such an idiot.

"Yes, sir?"

"Don't apologize for asking questions. It makes you look weak. And you have very wise questions, smart girl"

"Ok, I'll be better"

Whew!!! 3rd time he's called me "smart girl", AND I have "wise questions". We've come a long way from him yelling at me for squeezing a lung too softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment