Monday, October 26, 2009

A New Obsession

Something strange is happening to me. It happens all the time. I can't control it. It's all I can think about. During lecture. While studying. While eating lunch. You know what I'm talking about. Sleep. Yes, folks. Sleep.

Its not that I'm getting so little. Usually at least 5 hours at night, and maybe an afternoon nap for an hour. It's just that I'm stressed I guess.... and maybe sick... so therefore chronically fatigued. But I find myself zoning out during lecture.... fantasizing about how I could just duck down between the rows and prop my head on my backpack, my sweatshirt over me for warmth... and just catch a 10 minute cat nap. Maybe I could sneak to the student lounge while everyone else is in class. Or out to my car... the parking garage is pretty dark... and I could turn the heater on and be toasty warm. Ooh.. I even have contact solution in my bag...

And then something snaps me back to lecture... I take another sip of coffee in vain... and drag my tired butt around for the rest of the day. Nap-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment