Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Getting Involved

For the first few months of med school I shied away from getting involved in any clubs or organizations (except the EM interest group) because I wanted to focus on school. Which was probably a good idea because most of the initial stuff I wasn't really interested in anyway. But just recently I've become involved with 2 really great organizations.

First, I was selected to be a representative for a historical club that organizes lectures on the history of healthcare in our city... as well as the history of diseases, diagnostics, etc. Very cool. Last week there was a cocktail party at a professor's house, and I was announced as a new representative (along with 3 others). I was pretty stoked!

Second, my friend "E" recommended me for a leadership position in the student run-clinic that I spoke of before. So now I'll be participating in that as well... which is damn cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment