Monday, October 26, 2009

Please. Shut Up.

It's interview season. And around my school there are tons of nervous applicants all in black suits (what's up with THAT?...) milling around the halls or in our student lounge waiting for their next scheduled appointment. It's pretty cool... you get to chat a little and encourage them... give them pointers about certain interviewers.

But today I almost told a girl off. She was sitting in the lounge (with her black suit of course)... and loudly having a conversation with some other candidates who were noticeably more well behaved. At some point I pulled out my iphone and started recording what she said... because I knew no one would believe me. The diatribe went something like this...

Black suit girl (LOUDLY) "Yeah, I'm from California... where I worked as an EMT for company X... who were all FUCKING MORONS!!! I mean, every loser guy who can't get into college decides he wants to be an EMT... so I had to compete with all of THEM to actually get a job. SERIOUSLY, I could not handle that job. It FUCKING SUCKED!!! I'm used to a job where I can go where I want, when I want, and I don't have a schedule or a supervisor. I can't deal with having to show up at a certain time, when someone tells me to...."

Let's just say this lovely talk went on for about 20 minutes. As I sat there, I got progressively more steamed. Not to say that I don't do my fair share of bitching about morons. But not LOUDLY, WITH PROFANITY, and on my MED SCHOOL INTERVIEW! I thought about asking her her name so I could send the Dean a "grossly offended" blackball email. I considered asking her shut up. I considered ripping out her recurrent laryngeal nerve.

In the end I figured it wouldn't matter. She couldn't possibly behave herself on an interview. She couldn't possibly end up here. If she does, I can always resort to my laryngeal-nerve-severing ninja moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment