Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Postal worker opened my mail???

I went to my mailbox last night and when i got home i went through my mail and realized that one of the envelopes that had my dental insurance cards had been opened? i dont know if anything else was suppose to be in the envelope, but the only thing that was there was my cards. which has my name, and my husbands name, my address and last 4 of my SS# on it. i'm not really sure what to do in this situation, and if the post office will take me seriously. i had a bad experience in the previous state i lived in where my mail was "lost" to my forwarding address, and a couple months later someone open a credit card using my account #. i filed a bunch of complaints with that postal office but never felt like they cared. has this happened to anyone else?
--------------------
i haven't filed any complaints as of yet, but i've had some issues recently with them. what used to take 1 week to get/send takes 2 weeks+ now. priority take 5 business days to get here, it used to take 2. the slower times started in the beginning of december, that was fine for xmas, but this is the end of freaking march already. my mail (and packages) keep getting sent to someone else's address... that doesnt even look similar besides the road starts with a b. and just a couple weeks ago i've had two credit card application junk mails come out of the mail truck, already open. i've called the p.o. about the mail times taking twice/three times as long, and their answer was, "we have no reason to hold mail. we don't hold your mail, sorry. it comes in and goes straight to your house. we don't hold. click*" so i know where you're coming from.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment