Saturday, May 28, 2011

How much would it cost, in "Canada" to have 4 wisdom teeth extracted and a handful of fillings?

I'm worried about the cost, as I know we can't afford it. I have been getting infections for some time now, years, but haven't had my teeth taken care of largely because we can't afford it. It's easy to say just make payment arrangements assuming you can afford or manage the payments. We don't make enough to qualify for financing and make too much for social services to pay for it, so that pretty much leaves me with regular infections. Currently, I have yet another infection which is down the side of my face, part of my neck and my face is swollen, so my dh is taking me to a walk in for me to get antibiotics again, sigh. It's this story here the worries me http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071130/dental_071130/20071202?hub=Health ... hope I'm not the next case of this. To complicate matters because of medical problems, most reg. dentists won't do the work, so I have to go see a oral surger w/ hospital priv. and no it isn't cover by AHC or medical ins.
--------------------
that certainly is a scarey story. But you should get it looked at. The cost should not be important - your health is. Nevermind the scarey story, just having an abcessed tooth has got to be agony. It is true that if you don't have your health then what good is having a million dollars if you aren't here or can't enjoy spending it. So go to the walk in, get the meds, and then go to a dentist and arrange payments. Just pay what you can afford. And do it soon. I feel for you. good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment