Sunday, May 22, 2011

I don't know what I want to do with my life as a career! Help? Please?

I don't know what career would be a good one for me. In high school I wanted to be a pharmacist, then a vet, then a massage therapist. Nothing seems to suit me! Last year I got my certified nursing assistant lisence and now I'm doing my internship for dental assisting, and its just not for me, at all. I want something that doesn't deal with people much or at all(animals definitly ok though), something I can work independently or alone, maybe as my own boss, something that isn't stressful or face passed for most of the time at least. Any ideas??? I have horrible social anxiety, makes me sick. Honestly I am to the point to where I don't care if I make lots of money or anything, I just want to do something that I can be happy doing & be good at doing. Coucilors never helped me, they just basically told me that's not how life works, be realistic, get over it, & deal with it. Please some give me some better advice than that.
--------------------
The counselors told you that's not how life works? That's exactly how life works. Or at least for the people who are happy. First of all, get rid of the thought that there's only ONE answer, I went to college then moved to Japan and taught English. After that I moved back home and started my own business. I started traveling around the world from places like Hawaii, France, Slovakia and Germany to Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. I started to realize that there's more than ONE answer to the question, "What should I do with my life?". There are so many ways to answer it. My advice; Start to have experiences. Volunteer, work, travel, find a mentor, job-shadow, interview people you think are successful… Then slowly start deciding what kind of stuff you want to try. Then try it. If you like it, great! If you don't, mark it down as an experience and keep moving forward. You get to decide the answer to this question everyday. Have fun with it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment