Saturday, May 28, 2011

Is it a calcium deficiency? Or is it Periodontists?

I have looked up both and have found that I have a lot of the other things that go with calcium deficiency, but am still concerned that it could be periodontitis... I recently noticed that one of my teeth is a bit loose. The gums seem to be slightly recessed and they are a bit darker there, but not puffy and they don't bleed at all when I floss or bush (and I brush the gums very well). I did have a period where I was not able to take care of my teeth though. While I was pregnant, any time I brushed my teeth, I threw up. Brushing with or without tooth past or even trying to use mouth wash. Even eating much of anything was making me throw up. So now that some time has gone by, I'm worried that may have caused a problem that is now escalating to the point that I am seeing it. I also was recently told that the calcium I take is a kind that does not absorb into the body well, and even more so, since I have been trying to diet and do not eat breakfast with my vitamins, it would absorb even worse because eating helps it absorb (apparently). On top of that, when I was looking at the bottle, although I had thought ONE pill was worth 120% daily calcium, a serving (120%) is actually THREE....so I was only taking a 40% dose. A dose I took with all of my other vitamins (including some that I found reduce calcium absorption). Other than my vitamins, I do not get hardly any calcium at all in my diet. So, The most I could hope to actually be getting is less than 40%...probably a LOT less... So, now my question is which of these would be the cause of my loose tooth? (Oh, also ave been loosing hair and such - other things that say are calcium issues). I don't have dental insurance and we already don't have enough money coming in, so I can't afford to see a doctor/dentist (especially since it looks like there is A LOT that has to be done for periodontist...I also can't lose the tooth...teeth...since it would continue to spread...if it is that, will continued morning and night brushing teeth/gums, flossing and mouth wash help enough? I'm scared, but can't afford to do anything else. Any suggestions anyone else has would be GREAT!!!
--------------------
From your description, I think you have periodontitis and not matter how much calcium you were absorbing, it would make no difference. You could also have another unrelated medical problem that while not causing periodontal disease, would alter and speed up the process of the disease. I would see a periodontitist for a full work up including any lab tests that he may deem necessary. If indeed you have periodontal disease, without treatment, it will progress and you will loose teeth. I wish you luck Me
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment