Sunday, May 15, 2011

My parents are going to divorce if this continues, what can I do? PLEASE HELP ME!!?

I'M REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SORRY. IT'S SOOO LONG! But I want you to read all of it, please. Thank you. :) I'm 12 and a 7th grader. My mom was arguing with my parents saying that we aren't spending enough time together. "Family Time". I have an older brother, 15, and a little sister, 10. My mom is a housewife, and doesn't work. My dad goes to work at 8AM, and comes home at 6:30PM. He is a computer engineer for Herbalife. //////////////////////////////////// My dad goes to church: -Tuesday Night [8PM-10PM] -Friday Night [8PM-10PM] -Saturday Morning [7-8AM] -Saturday Night (My whole family goes to this one): 7-11PM (We eat dinner there too; Potluck; Every family brings some food) -Sunday Morning (My dad, little sister, and I go) [10AM-2PM] (We eat lunch there] Saturdays: -Dad goes to church -Sister and I go to Chinese School [9AM-12PM] -Brother goes to Harvard Square (This tutor school) [9AM-2PM] (He eats lunch there) -Mom, Dad, Sister, and I go out to eat lunch come back at around 1:30PM-2PM -Once in a while my dad takes my sister, brother, and I to the mall (But I don't like shopping with a dad... you know, cuz Im a girl...) -Mom rests for a bit, then starts cooking the food for our church potluck till 6:30PM then she starts wrapping them with foil 7PM-11PM=Church Potluck + Church Sundays: -10AM-12PM=Church + Lunch at Church -1PM-2PM=My dad vaccums the whole church -I spend the afternoon on AIM, doing hmwk, ect. [Free time] -My moms handwashing the clothes & cooking for our dinner -My brother is in ALL honors classes, and is a nerd, so he spends the whole day doing homework, then plays computer games after -My sister does the same thing as me Weekdays: -My mom is cleaning the house, handwashing clothes, cooking -I'm doing hmwk, IM-ing, drawing, ect. (Same with my sister) -Brother's doing homework ALL day. -My dad comes home from work at 6:30PM [My mom doesn't have time to take us anywhere like shopping... She only takes us to dental appts/book clubs...] -As soon as my dad comes home, we eat dinner, then my dad starts watching his azn shows on the computer, and sometimes helps my brother w/ math hmwk if he has questions My mom complains that church is pretty much my dads life, and he insists that we MUST go to chuch as a family or part family every saturday night and sunday morning. We used to go hiking on sunday mornings, or go to the park in the afternoon, and go on family walks together. :l But ever since my dad's friend suggested us coming to church, that's been my dad's plan. Now we have NO more family time. And my mom says what gets her angry is that he refuses to give up some days of church. (Church is not bad, as christians, it's really good for us she says. In fact, that's how my parents first met. At church. But they stopped going when they had us. Can't we just miss out once in a while to do some family activities?) There are 4 leaders in my church. (All adults) -Timothy: Has one child, already 22 years old. His wife teachers piano. He is a sales person and goes to Taiwan all the time for buisness. -Tony: Real Estate Agent; No children; Wife isn't christian -Xang: Lost his job recently; Works random hours as a construction person; Daughter is 18 in college, son is 6, wife doesn't really care for him -Jeff: My dad [Timothy and Tony miss church frequently because of their jobs, and Xang always comes late, so my dad kinda has to come every week or else there would be no one to lead newcomers and the church.] My mom says "SO? TIMOTHY AND TONY ALWAYS MISS OUT! WHY CAN'T YOU MISS OUT A FEW TIMES FOR OUR FAMILY, SO WE CAN SPEND FOR TIME TOGETHER?!" Timothy, Xang, and Tony have time for family time considering their jobs and all, but my dad doesnt. He says he knows that already, but my mom and I think he doesn't... He's soo unaware. :/ Note: By leaders I mean people who have more experience, and control the church's money, trips, ect. My dad also donates a lot to church because no one else every donates... but we're not that rich. (Average) Less than half of the people in our church donate to fund the church. ////////////////// Our house is very messy. There are things EVERYWHERE. Clothes all over the floors, random objects in rooms that it doesn't belong to. I try to help but my mom scolds me "I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I WANT MY THINGS TO GO. YOU MIGHT LOSE MY PRECIOUS STUFF. ALL YOU DO IS MESS THINGS UP." (Reason why my mom refuses to hire a housekeeper/maid) My mom's newspaper/cooking books/health magazines/ect=Precious Stuff. So the internal of our house is messy, ugly, junky. But my mom doesn't have the time to clean it up, and she doesn't want anyone else to touch anything. I try helping by doing the dishes, handwashing my own clothes, picking up trash, ect. (My mom and I handwash everything except jeans + thick outerwear; The garments last longer that way) If you're wonderi
--------------------
it is good to go to church once in a while but not way to often like your dad goes. he goes way to often he should realize that family is important and he should spend time with family and do activities together not just going to church, like camping, fishing,movies, theaters any kind of normal family time he should do that. it seems like he cares only for church but he is missing out on a lot of his children's life and wife's life someday he will Look back and regret not spending time with you all try showing him photos of your family and maybe your mom should tell him to spend time with family not just church or he will loose his family church is good but family is what really is important he has to know that
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment