Thursday, May 19, 2011

What can I do if I have my tooth pulled?

I am 26 years old and found out that I have a tooth that is giving me problems. I should have had root canal, but to save me money, my dentist just drilled the cavity and put in a filling. I was saving up for a root canal, but then I got pregnant with my 4th child, so any major dental work had to wait. I had to use the money I saved for baby stuff, so now, because I had to wait, the tooth somehow became infected. I went in to my dentist and he said that once we take care of the infection, I may need a root canal, which is not covered by my medical card, or I can have the tooth pulled. Since I can't afford $800 for a root canal, I was considering having it pulled. The tooth is one of my lower molars and it is also one of the bigger teeth in my mouth. I will have to worry about my teeth shifting which could cause me more problems. What can I do to avoid this? Do I have other options besides just leaving a hole their and worrying if my teeth will shift?
--------------------
I just had two permanant teeth pulled & trust me it is painful. Once you get it pulled it bleeds for awhile and is very sore and tender for 2-7 days. & once it's gone you'll have a gap in your teeth forever. Which is very annoying to me. Plus if it's a molar you need those teeth for chewing things so once it's gone you probly won't be able to chew on that side of your mouth for a week. My mom has had two root canals and they aren't THAT bad. Pulling it would solve it for a little while but it is very painful .. getting a root canal would solve your problam for life, plus it would leave you an extra tooth. But thats just me. Hope it helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment