Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Which insurance plan should I choose?

my job offers three different plans: 1. an HMO that has a $20 copay at the doctors office 2. Lumenos basic-no copay at the doctor, and the company gives me $1000 toward doctors office visits, preventative care such as mammograms and pap smears do not come off that $1000, when that $1000 is used I have a deductible of $1000, then the plan pays 80% 3. Lumenos enhanced-same as above only the deductible is $500, then the plan pays 80% If I don't use the whole $1000, it rolls over to the next year when they add another $1000. With my life insurance, dental plan, and vision, the total out of each paycheck would be $20 with the HMO, $17 with the Lumenous basic, and $25 with the Lumenous enhanced. I went with Lumenous basic, but I have 30 days to change my mind, if anyone has Lumenous, how do you like it?
--------------------
The HMO is best if it covers 100 percent of your medical care should you become sick or injured. If the HMO pays less than 80 percent then plan number 2 is your best option.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment