Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bleeding gums and "pregnancy gingivitis"?

I was curious if anyone has experienced pregnancy gingivitis. I have always been very conscious of my dental hygiene, and although I haven't always been the best flosser, I've been consistent with flossing for at least the past six months. Well, I'm now about 9 weeks pregnant, went to floss my teeth tonight, and was surprised when an area of my upper gums just started pouring blood. It wouldn't stop for a few minutes! I know this can be normal if you've just started flossing, and I've had some light bleeding before, but never like this--and like I said, I've been flossing consistently for a while. Now I'm worried about pregnancy gingivitis. Has anyone had this? Does it sound like I have it? I just don't see how I could because I do everything I'm supposed to in taking care of my teeth. Pregnancy is a strange thing. Thanks! :)
--------------------
Its extra horomones. Im 22 weeks pregnant and I cant brush my teeth or sometimes cant eat certian foods without my gums bleeding. Not just red and a tad bit Im talking a lot of it. Its perfectly normal. Some pregnant women wont even have bleeding gums while others have it just pouring out of their mouths. about 50-70% of pregnancy women have some form of pregnancy gingivitis. It can cause swelling to your gums and lots of bleeding, or just red gums that bleed just a tad bit. You probably do have it, some form of it (just like I do), and I looked it up and your doing what it says to do... brush twice a day, floss once a day and use mouth rinse.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment