Saturday, May 21, 2011

Should I join military if I have a family?

Now here's my situation and I respect every ones opinion. Ive been married for 2 years and is 20 yrs old with a 18 month old child. I live with my parents in a decent sized house for everyone, we pretty much have our own studio for me and my husband. My mother may lose the house within 2 years. My dad is employed but has a gambling problem. My mom makes 64 K a year but our house bills are going up. I am a Sales Associate for Sears as appliances. My husband works as a Napa auto parts sales man. We are both full time. I am full commission only and sometimes do not get more than $300 per paycheck. I was in the Police Academy when I was 18 but dropped out when I got pregnant. Im in fairly Good shape now, but I cant afford $5000 for the academy on day one. I can hardly afford my rent. Im fairly good in credit though. NOTE: Im not on any welfare or child help services. I take my own responsibility and do not ask for help. Basically I may lose alot at a young age. But since I am so young I cant give my child and future children at this pace a future. I would like to serve the military (not sure what branch) under president Obama now. I know this would help my familys boost at a good lifestyle than struggling for food now. I am willing to Serve my country for my family. If I do join, this is one huge step foward to be a Police Officer that I would want to become as a career. NOTE: My husband has Type 1 diabetes and needs the medical insurance usage every 2 weeks for medicine. (6 different pills and insulin) He would have joined if he did not have this sickness and alot of jobs deny him because of his sickness. I also cook his meals and because of his sickness we do not eat take out or buy junk food. I am current providing him the insurance for Medical, Dental, 401K, Auto, etc. So from my description above Should I join the Military even though I will leave my child with my husband, I will take care of them better than I do now. Please no Hate Emails or Prejudice Answers. I simply need advice.
--------------------
From an ex-military Navy man I would say yes. I have deep respect for anyone willing to serve our country.. This would give you a chance to provide for your family , educate yourself and the list goes on..I would recommend the Air Force to you and ask to be placed in the Military Police.. The experience you will get will help you get a good job should you decide not to make it a career..As a 20 year old you could retire at 40 with all the benefits.. No civilian job will ever give you that chance..You and your husband must make this important decision but in this time in your life I think it is certainly something to consider.. God Bless you which ever way you decide..
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment