Monday, May 23, 2011

Good insurance for a 22 year old Diabetic?

I am 22 years old. I work at Walmart and I am Type 1 Diabetic. I pay for my supplies out of pocket. I never go to the doctors to get checkups. I am in college full time during the winter months, so I work only part time from August to June. I just want to know if there is insurance out there that is not to costly that will cover doctor visits, prescription, also would be great if there is eye and dental coverage too. I have never had insurance. When I was 18 I was diagnosed with Diabetes and I was on a child medical care program that covered all my expenses. After that I was on under 21 medicare. So I been paying out of pocket for a year and a half. I would appreciate any help that can be offered.
--------------------
What you want does not exist. You should get a full time job with health benefits and go to school part time since you need health care. Individual insurance is cheaper for someone who is 22 but until the new health care bill provision allows adults with pre-existing conditions to buy insurance, you may not be able to get any. Now you see how it is for adults who have no insurance. That is why the health care bill was passed. Getting a job with group health care is your best bet because group health does not discriminate against sick people. If there is any insurance you can get, it wont include dental or vision. That is sold separately. You see how good you had it before age 21. The subsidized health care in this country helps only those under 21 and over 65. You would be well-advised to contact an independent insurance agent to recommend some plans.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment