Friday, May 27, 2011

Help me find the right college?

Hi, I am a senior in high school. An I have a son, first off if you have rude comments then don't even leave a comment. I know about off campus housing for family's, the babys father and I are not married but are still together is there a way he would be able to live with me. I take interest in Real Estate, Fashion Desisn, Labor and delivery RN, Kindergarden Teacher, Secretary, Photographer, Dental hygeine and Digital Arts and Design.. I think I would really like Digital Arts and Design!! I need help finding a major that will be good to support a family! Please help me find the right college I might even want to go the first year undecided. I don't care what state its in I live in PA.. I thought about Washington, Umass and Full sail in Flordia so far. Thanks!
--------------------
Hello! First of all, good for you for thinking about college! It's a big decision, and it's a responsible thing to think about. Most bigger universities offer housing for students with families. While it's not the traditional dorm life that you usually think of when you think of college, I'm pretty sure that's not what you want anyway. You should start with the flagship universities in each state--that is the biggest public university. For example, in PA, it's Penn State University Park. Because these are the largest universities, not only will they be the most likely to offer housing for families, but they usually will have any major you want. Some colleges that I am pretty sure have family housing for undergraduates are: Oregon State University, Pacific Union College, Mills College (in Oakland, CA), Great Basin College (in Nevada), Western Illinois University, and University of Delaware. University of Washington offers family housing for undergraduates, as does UMass Amherst (the flagship UMass). I'm not sure about Full Sail, but I linked you to their housing page in the sources section. If you find a college that you like, all you have to do is go to their website and the "housing" section to see if they offer family housing FOR UNDERGRADUATES. Many places offer family housing for graduate students and not for undergraduates, so make sure not to get mixed up. Finally, you should ask how long the wait list is for the family housing. At some places, it can be as much as two years! Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment