Friday, May 27, 2011

Question about the field of dentistry... PLEASE HELP?

I am a senior Biology student at UCLA and have STRONGLY decided to become a dentist. However, one thing that discourages me very much is that when I drive from my house to my school (which is like 3 blocks) I see like 18 dental offices. Also, I know like 25 people who want to be a dentist. Almost everyone I meet wants to become a dentist. I live in Los Angeles, Cali. so I do realize there is lots of competition in every field. But isn't this field saturated??? Should I rethink this field that I am very passionate about??? And Yes, I do care about MONEY alot, so don't tell me to do whatever you are passionate for and don't worry about money :P Thank you.
--------------------
Everywhere is screaming out for more dentists. there may be 18 dental surgeries but there is still people out there that need a dentist cos all the otheres r fully booked with patients. You could always move away from home and set up surgery in a less busy city. Stick with it. not all the people u know will get into dental school. im the only one out my yr of 200 students in secondary school that is now doin dentistry. work hard an keep at it. it will b worth it
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment