Saturday, May 21, 2011

How much does invisalign cost? And will my insurance cover it?

I'm almost 18, and I got my braces off (the traditional kind) when i was 13. I was very careless and didn't wear my retainers very often. When I was almost 14 I started to care more about my appearance, including my smile, and started to wear my retainers more often. I had already lost one retainer within the first year of having them, and then proceeded to lose a second one. At that point my mom got really fed up and refused to have it replaced (it does get expensive). Well now, 4 years later, I really want a pretty, straight-teethed smile! So I am considering getting invisalign. How much does invisalign cost with good dental insurance? And will I even be covered by insurance since I had braces already (my insurance did have an impact on the cost of those)? I know you don't know the exact amount, since you don't know all about my insurance plan, but I just wanted an estimate, especially from someone who has had them. Thanks so much!
--------------------
The actual cost of the Invisalign depends on the dentist administering it. Best bet is to have a consult with an Orthodontist in your insurance's network and have them send it in to be pre-approved before going ahead with any procedures.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment