Monday, May 16, 2011

I don’t know who to cope with being ugly?

I can't help not placing too much weight on what people say. I feel so hideous most of time now that I hardly leave the house; I'm skipping classes everyday, canceling meetings with friends and hiding from people I know. It's a struggle for me to wake up everyday feeling a huge deal of anxiety which I reduce by excessively grooming to end up feeling uglier. I'm in dental school and what's really stressing me out is that I feel hopeless about my future in health care as I think people will be repulsed by my appearance and I'll fail at keeping customers.
--------------------
It sounds like you have some drastically low self-esteem there. Not only are you not hideous, but I would say you're attractive! However without self-esteem, you could be a supermodel and still feel as if you were "hideous". Have you talked to a professional about this? Low self-esteem is more common than you might think, but since it's getting in the way of your everyday life I think you should talk to a psychiatrist about it. Getting an anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication could help you manage this.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment