Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is there truly a difference in caring for a horse, West Coast and East Coast? How natural can we keep horses?

How often should they have their teeth floated? Shoes or no shoes? feed, what type? Caring and Pampering, how much and how little is good for the horse. I want my horse to live a natural life, be happy and healthy. I can have a horse and not need to ride and show him, I would love to ride him but feel there is no rush, and I can wait for the right opportunity for both of us. He is young, and his condition is not the best right now and I am wondering why at the present time. We both seem to be in a transition right now. It's weird, when he was sick, I was actually ill with the three week flu that left and came back. His teeth needed to be floated and I needed dental work done, weird that it was happening at the same time. I needed to research and change his feed, I was diagnosed with high colesterol, and needed to change my diet, he was depressed because I couldn't get out to see him due to my divorce, and I was very depressed that I could not see him. I love my horse, very very much.
--------------------
Teeth floating...ideally once a year. SOmetimes they can go longer. An older horse should be checked and done every 6 months or so. Barefoot is better but if the horse needs them then put shoes on them. Unless you are trying to go natural. If you cant ride now the best is to spend time with him. I dont think there is a difference in caring for a horse on different sides of the US, but I know the east coast has different hays then the west coast.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment