Sunday, May 29, 2011

Teeth missing in fijians?

Hi, I just got back from the most amazing holiday in Fiji and was blown away by how caring and lovely the locals were. I noticed a lot of Fijians were missing one of their front teeth. I am aware that many people would be missing teeth due to dental problems but it seemed that a lot of people were just missing one top, front tooth. Can anyone explain this? Oh and please holiday there! (and tip them too!)
--------------------
Hi there, I have been there before! lol... Most Fijians I know either have the most beautiful white teeth or no teeth! lol... Well when they have dental problems, they do not have enough money to go and get them filled, so they normally pull teeth if they start hurting! So the dentists there are not there to fix teeth just pull them. Another thing, IDK if you noticed, but the more kava they drink the less teeth they have. So basically poor dental hygiene would be the cause of the toothlessness. Hope I Helped and Fiji ROCKS! Where did you stay? We stayed at the Koro Sun Resort in SavuSavu.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment