Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Will the dentist's past due amount so on my credit report?

I made an appt with Aspen dental for a scaling. They told me thats what i needed. That same day I also made an appt to see the dr for pain. They did the scaling and raisins (?? The lady said the raisins is what they call the drops of antibiotic they put in your pockets if they are 4mm or greater). I saw the DR and she took a quick peak in my mouth to find where the pain was from and she said she couldn't let me know because it was a limited oral exam and that I'd have to come back for a comprehensive exam. Anyways I got to the desk to pay. The office manager said You knwo today's visit is going to be alot ofmoney so I thought okay 400 blah blah ....>She comes out and says $1440. I almost fainted and said Come again. I said Did you put it through insurance she said yes. Well she didn'tt ecause it shouldn't be that much. She told me that the scaling was 1200.00 and the appt was 200. We argued on and on and I said thats not what the last manager told me. then she said WELL THATS WHY THE LAST OFFICE MANAGER GOT FIRED I said well thats not my fault I will have to pay you people in installments. She said OH SORRY we don't accept payment installments. I said oh really well now you do because I don't have 1400. on me She got even more mad and I said Why don't you contact the old manager who didn't care to explain to me the costs. I then said Can you please put that through my insurance she said she did..therefore if she did it wouldn't be that much She was just off the wall. She yelled at me and said I ibetter come up with the money right then and there. I told her from this point onward they're going to take payment plans . I was so angry I left without paying, rather my ride came in and made me leave. I told her to send me the bill in the mail and I'll pay a little bit each month. (Btw she never billed my insurance because the entire balance was available) I never received any type of bill. A few weeks after that I tried calling but no one picked up. So I went down there to give them a portion and they were GONE. It said "This location out of business, thank you for your business". What do I do? I really did try to pay these bozo's .... do you think they're going to ruin my credit score? I had no problem paying I just didn't know a scaling on one side of my mouth plus the raisins of antibiotics would cost 1200.
--------------------
Not only were you ripped off but I have never heard of anyone ever being treated so rudely in a dental office. First of all the charges and financial arrangements they had were outrageous. Then you have to realize that as long as you send in a monthly payment to them, no matter how small, they cannot turn you over for collection and thus ruin your credit record. Now that they have moved without notice or a forwarding address or phone number, I wonder if they were legit or a scam. I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I would also call the State Dental Association and file a grievance against them for their business practices. Thirdly, I would call your insurance company and appraise them of the situation. Document all of your records and phone calls so that if anything would arise in the future, you have your defense. I would be surprised if you ever end up having to pay anything to that outfit. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment