Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Christian Husband wants to Honor Wife and Parents?

My parents have had marital problems and are also moving a lot. My wife says she is sick of me helping my parents. My wife has had a dental problem for this time period too. I have taken her five times to Dentist and gotten her help. I also try to help cook and clean and homeschool one child take two older children to school. Help with youth group at church and play games watch "chick flicks" go thrift store shopping cook with wife. How do I balance my family especially wifes feeling of neglectwith my parents needs and fathers abuse acloholic attitude towrads my mother? I spend 90% of my time with my family at home or church and only work part time being disabled. In the past I had not honeored my wife by asking her opion (years ago now). I told her that I would quit volunteering to help parents and would only help if my stepfather asked as he usally does not. He asked so I said I would help as he and my mom are currently seprated and I feel he needs to know God and his son still care for him even with the bad behaviour towards my mother. Thanks and God Bless, John Runer
--------------------
I believe in the scripture, husbands and wives are instructed to "cleve unto each other". That means when you marry, the wife is your number one concern, then your children, THEN your parents. If you are making her share the spotlight, it's just wrong. Your parents will have to find their own way with each other. You can't "help" in that situation. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment