Friday, May 20, 2011

I really need braces what more can i do?

Ok i really badly need to get braces to get my teeth straightened out ive had this problem my whole life.When i was younger i had the chance to get braces on the NHS i was 18 at the time i went to many appointments at the dental hospital but because i was young and immature i missed a few appointments and they kicked me off the waiting list.I accepted me back when i was 24 so i started going to every appointment.For a whole year they didnt do anything other than sent me to orthadontics to get my teeth cleaned by a student dentist and i got frustrated with them so i stopped going,i was at the top of the waiting list for over a year.I totaly blew my chances of getting braces on the nhs and the nhs just messed me around.Im 28 now and i feel embarrased and ashamed that i still have buckled teeth,they ruin my confidence and they are an easy target for bullies.People put me down about it soo much that i ended up depressed for years,nobody understood the psychological damage other people were causing me.Now i feel the best ive ever been mentaly,i beat depression and learned how to deal with other people trying to put me down and bully me mentaly.Emotional bullies dragged me so low at one point i didnt care if i died thats how bad things were. Last year i went to see a private dentist and he told me i could get the invisalign braces but told me allot of work needs to be doneand it wont be easy and he quoted me £4,000 in total but i have to pay £1,300 as a first payment and then i can pay monthly.My mother offered to pay the first payment and i was really happy i was going to finaly get the treatment,we made the deal with the dentist.At the very last moment my mother pulled out and told me she couldnt afford it and i was really gutted about it. I cant get a job and i have to keep suffering and suffering until sombody finaly gives me a job so i can save up the money myself and get them done.I would be very happy if i could just pay small monthly or even weekly payments to get the treatment i could manage that without a job or until i get a job.It would change my life completely just getting the braces in would give me a massive confidence boost. What options do i have? Do all the dentsist want big amounts of money first? I would even get metal braces if i have too but would prefer the invisalign braces.I just dont know what do do anymore.Until sombody gives me a job i cant do nothing and just have to keep on suffering and i have to keep on putting up with people putting me down about it. Sorry if this is long but i feel like i had to tell the whole story and hopefully there are some dentists on here that can help me out i would appreciate any help from anybody.Thanks allot
--------------------
Hey Paul, I feel so much for you honey as I know what it's like to be bullied myself. I had braces when I was younger and I have to say that it was really worth it, they were the metal ones that didn't look too great on but now that my teeth are perfect I'm so glad I done it. You're never too old and if you're unemployed then you're entitled to get free dental care, least where I am. You should really go to the Jobcentre and they'll confirm this for you as where I live if you're a pensioner or of working age but not working they pay for your treatment. I personally feel that these dentists are only trying to get money out of you when they probably already know what they're charging is extortionate, Invasalign doesn't work nowhere near as good as the metal braces and I've seen people have metal braces off in a year but those with invalisgn having them on for much longer. I know it's hard but don't let things get on top of you as you've proved you can beat them and you're such a great guy I just want to give you a big hug right now and tell you that everything will be alright, infact I KNOW it will and I'm here if you need me ok? Gem xxxx
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment