Friday, May 20, 2011

Jaw pain, should I go to a Doctor or a Dentist?

This is the third time I have had this happen in the past three months. I wake up and the RIGHT side of my jaw is sore and I can barely open my mouth. When try to open fully to eat or yawn I get a sharp pain that goes through the right side of my face from my jaw to my ear. My teeth do not hurt, or bother me its simple my jaw and it also feels slightly larger then the left side. The last two times this has happened it took days for it to go away. I have never been known to grind my teeth, in fact I usually sleep with my jaw slightly open. Every now and then I clench my teeth but this feels different from that. I take care of my teeth so I dont believe its an infection but I could be wrong. Also I am pregnant so I cant exactly take anything more then regular Tylenol. So is this a medical or a dental problem????
--------------------
Dentist. A simular thing happened to me you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep without knowing it. I took ibuprofen an anti inflamitry pain killer, but i dont know if you can have that
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment